Re: Bernie Stelman

To: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Bernie Stelman
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 13:35:05 +0000
Michael and Others,

I just heard this morning about Bernie in a phone call to find out
some info on our NEMGTR upcoming weekend in Northhampton, Mass. Even
though I new it was coming, it's still a shock and has left me in a
funk.
Michael has said most of it very eloquently already, but I'll just add
my thoughts about Bernie.
I first met him 32 years ago when Rita and I joined the T-Register. We
had a costume affair at this meet and Bernie and Mary won the contest.
It was that way at almost every event. He and Mary were the consumate
MG personnas, always having fun and enjoying life.
He was also into motorcycles, too. I can't tell you how many times
they drove coast to coast over the years, but as Michael mentioned, if
there was a GOF, they were there!
I will always remember the Peterborough event. He drove his very
original MGB, and we spent a lot of time together. Indianapolis was
another special time spent in his company. He wasn't letting his
health get him down and he and Mary were the center of our group.
We left together for home and he wanted to make time so sped past,
giving a wave as they disappeared in the distance.
That's how I going to remember him.

Dave Houser