Re: MG comraderie and porches

To: Carol <car@texas.net>
Subject: Re: MG comraderie and porches
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 13:15:40 -0800
Carol wrote:

> >with tongue firmly in cheek) ended with a hierarchy something like this:
> >MGs waved to Triumphs, which waved to Austin-Healeys, which waved
> >to Jaguars, which waved to Porches, which waved to Ferraris,
> >which only waved to God.

> But...why would anyone wave to a 'porch'?!

Reminds me of a story:  Recession in the late 50s, young man down on his
luck, walking down a country road is very hungry. Sees a large,
comfortable farm house and goes up to the door to ask for a bite to eat.
Lady of the house answers the bell and listens to his story. She tells
him she doesn't believe in "free" handouts, but if he will work she'll
give him a full meal. He agrees. She tells him there's a bucket of green
paint and a brush out back and the back porch needs painting, if he'll
do a good job she'll cook him a real dinner. He disappears out back for
a while and comes back to the door and announces he's finished. She's
surprised he was such a fast worker and asks if he did a thorough job.
He assures her he did but that there was only one thing wrong: " You
know dat Porch you said was back dere? it were a Ferrarry! "       Jarl