Re: TD speedo

To: "John H. Gindlesberger" <jhgindle@wcnet.org>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD speedo
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 15:56:37 -0500
At 10:15 AM 1/12/97 -0500, John H. Gindlesberger wrote:
>Before I stored my 53 TD this fall, I had a problem with the speedo.  It
>functions and seems fairly accurate, but it responds to speed VERY
>sluggishly.  When accelerating, for example,the car's actual speed and
>that indicated on the speedo are grossly different.  As the car reaches
>a steady cruising speed, the speedo finally catches up.  The reverse
>happends when decelerating.
>
>I've had it apart and cleaned and oiled it, with no change.  I alos
>replaced the cable.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks, John

John, maybe its me, but I never saw an acurate speedo on a T type. My TC is
chronomic and moves like a second hand of a watch. The TF works by varying
at speed by twenry miles per hour. I could on the TF take the average of
those swings, and subtract 10 or do as I actually do, ignore the speedo and
look at the tach.  The PA has no speedo, just the tach, and thats all you
need.

Mike