RE: SU Fuel Pump I.D.?

To: "'ROBMGV8@aol.com'" <ROBMGV8@aol.com>
Subject: RE: SU Fuel Pump I.D.?
From: Alan Pfau <apfau@ismi.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 18:48:01 -0600

----------
From:   ROBMGV8@aol.com[SMTP:ROBMGV8@aol.com]
Sent:   Friday, January 10, 1997 5:25 AM
To:     apfau@ismi.net

Is it in the correct box? Is  it AUB or  AUD?

I went through the SU bible which covers vehicles 1930-1994 and could not
find any pump with an AUB prefix, nor could I find any 662 listing for Fuel
Pumps. Hoever, AUD 662 relates to Carbs for the MK III Midget European
spec.
<snip>

Yes, I'm sure of the number since it is cast into the alumium body and is
quite clear. The part is just the "bottom half"; i.e. everything below the
diaphram, but is NOS. The more I look into this part the more mysterious it
is. Maybe it is a portion of some other SU produced part, however, I
couldn't even guess what it could be...it sure looks like a fuel pump body
to me.?

Thanks
Alan Pfau
apfau@ismi.net