Re: value of MGB-GT V-8 in US

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Re: value of MGB-GT V-8 in US
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 13 Jan 97 06:37:20 PST
Alan, I am the proud owner ot the V-8 that sold at the Ponder auction
in 1990. I bought the car from the fellow who bought it at the
auction.  According to several sources who were at the auction, the
car sold for $19,000US (hammer price).  I paid somewhat less than
that.

The car needs a full restoration, even though it is cosmetically
presentable (from a distance).  A capsule description of its true
condition can be gleaned through my nickname for the car ("The
Rustbucket"). I knew its condition before I bought it, and felt the
rarity justified purchase.  I never met Ponder, but I grumble in his
direction for inflicting the car with a nonstandard paintjob and interior.
I guess I will be the first person in at least 10 years to do any real
restoration work on the car.

Check out the August/September 96 issue of British Car magazine for my
article on the beastie.

Cheers, PK

Cheers, PK

Paul D. Kile