Confession

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Confession
From: "N. M. Taylor" <nmtaylor@wam.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 22:13:58 -0500 (EST)
Well, it's been a long time since I was on the list.  I'm a hardcore
bicycle rider, you see, and I rode my bike so much last year [10,000
miles] that I killed my MGB GT through neglect--thus, I felt like I didn't
deserve to be on the mgs list anymore.

I decided to buy a new 'dependable' car--a Honda Civic hatchback.  I drive
the new car occasionally [when the weather is too bad for biking, which is
almost never, or when I need to buy something big, like a case of Harpoon
Winter Warmer], but it has only made me realize one thing:  I miss my MG!
New cars are just boring plastic boxes with no style and no adventure and
they don't smell or feel like 'real' cars. I don't feel like I'm driving
when I drive the Honda.  So, the sound system is great.  So what.  Give me
the rumble of the MG engine any day.

Anyway, I've got some work ahead of me.  The electrical system on the MG
was smoking last time it worked.  Does anyone have a contact
name/number/address for a DC local MG club?

Nancy Taylor                                  nmtaylor@wam.umd.edu
Bethesda, MD--USA                 http://www.wam.umd.edu/~nmtaylor