RE: A rain free MGB

To: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com (joseph_cianciotti),
Subject: RE: A rain free MGB
From: nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk (Nick Pitt)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 08:34:13 GMT
Joseph
     I looked at this area for some time whilst doing my rebuild. The donor
car had the seal on the lid, and originaly I had wanted to do the same to
keep as much 'originality' in the new car as possible. After spending a lot
of time both looking for a lid mounting seal and trying to get the old one
off without damage I gave up. The new shell now has a body mounted seal. The
problem with removal of the old seal is that it is fixed to/by a retaining
strip which is spot welded(?) to the boot lid.

          Nick (73 B Roadster)