Banter/79 B (FS)/ enoughs enough/my 75 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Banter/79 B (FS)/ enoughs enough/my 75 B
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 18:35:46 -0800
We are all entitled you our opinions. Please remember that is what they
are OUR opinions. But what is with the name calling? I tell somebody
that he is "unreliable" and "neglected" their car therefore they are
not "worthy" of it's ownership. All these remarks are made, tongue in
cheek and the next thing I know I'm getting a half dozen, not real
pleasant messages. I don't feel any of my sarcastic remarks deserved a
reply of, "Your a F$@!ing A-hole", which was one and the another was
"Go away and stop trying to run our lifes". I would respectfully
suggest that if you find yourself typing 4 letter explotives in a
reply, YOU might concider "Going away" until that anger has passed. All
MG enthusiasts are welcome here whether they own one or not. I would
hope that if they are interested enough to subscribe here that we would
all make an effort to make them feel welcome and cultivate their
interest in the hope it would lead to them owning an MG someday.

Now about my 75 B: I got a UPS package today containing my old cam
shaft with a note that bore, head and crank are all OK but cam is a
mess. 1 and 3 seemed hardest hit. I wanted the cam changed anyhow but I
have to admit that I felt like one of my childern was kidnapped and the
mechanic was sending like a lock of hair or something. Especially when
the note read "please send $1,200." At least that wasn't followed by
"if you want to it alive again". Block is in the hot tank and machine
work should be done in a week or two. I'm glad I'm having this one done
but am definitely doing the next one myself.

Let's all try and be a little more civil to one another (myself
included). there is nothing wrong with a good natured rib poke but
vicious name calling needs to stop. Safety Fast, David Deutsch