Snappy handles & crackly radios

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Snappy handles & crackly radios
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:29:43 -0800 (PST) (9:29 am 17:29 UT)
O.K., here's one I think I saw already answered, but...
 A long time ago I purchased chrome "rally" door handles and window
cranks for Tintin.  The darn things are held on with set screws that
don't work so they keep falling off.  I finally got fed up and put the
original plastic handles back on. (The rally handles aren't very pretty)
 Well, the door handle snapped, lacerating my palm.  Now I remember
why I got rid of them in the first place.  What is the answer, Oh Wise List?
 Is there a good replacement for the plastic handles?  What I would love
would be a metal casting of the plastic handle: almost original, and strong.

 The other question is that my old radio gets quite a bit of ignition
noise.  Resistor spark plug cables just burned after a while, and didn't
seem to help.  What are the various areas and methods to reduce
RF electrical noise on a '66 MG?  Or on a '57 MG, for that matter?
I'm obviously not looking for concert sound in my rattling steel drum,
but getting a better signal-to-noise would be nice.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*