Re: one for "the ancients" -or- more of robsons boring trip!

To: MICHAEL J ROBSON <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Re: one for "the ancients" -or- more of robsons boring trip!
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:21:13 -0800
MICHAEL J ROBSON wrote:

> 1) was the J2 ever imported into the US?
> 2) does anyone know how many were built, and over what period?

Mike, While probably about 2 dozen were sent here, I believe they were
all either private imports or at best small batches brought in without
real official factory suport and sanction. There were some races on
private estates in Massachusettts and elsewhere in New England that had
J-2s running. I even have a picture in an old National Geographic that
shows several cars lined up for the start! I've owned my first J-2 since
1959 and have had a lot of fun both street driving and racing it. It's
small (almost cramped) but surprisingly quick.
2083 were made from 1932 to 1934, and a LOT of them have survived, I
would guess close to 400. The Triple M register could tell you and
perhaps tell you about your family car.   Jarl