Steamy defrost

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Steamy defrost
From: "Scott Miller (MSNA)" <scottmi@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 13:02:19 -0800
Anyone have similar experience or suggestions for what i might look for?

My wife's '74 MGB has recently started sending a light "steam" through
the defrost vents, doing a great job of fogging them up! I just replaced
the overflow hose on the radiator thinking that was the possible culprit
(the hose was cracked where it attached to the radiator) but that made
no difference. Steam also comes out of the bonnet vent (just before the
windows) which i can notice when parked (at a stoplight for example)...
It's not "thick" steam, can't make out any particular taste or smell
(other than "from the car").. and it occurrs on dry or wet days.
could it be exhaust?
leaking radiator (the water level is fine)?
any ideas?

Regards
scottmi