SUs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SUs
From: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:17:08 -0500 (EST)
Hi everyone...
By mistake I deleted the article quoted from the Atlanta MG-T Reg. writtten
by Dick Martin.

Yes I do concur with most of the tips in the article.  I rebuild a lot of
MG-T and MG-A carbs, so I keep a baby food jar of automatic trans. fluid
(atf) with several sets of cork seals soaking all the time.  Otherwise I
recommend an overnight soak before use.

On the subject of buying a NEW set of SUs.  All I can say is why?  I
completely restore a set with new bushings and throttle shafts (the most
important and most frequently overlooked item in a carb rebuild) replace
alls needles, jets, seals and gaskets, adjust float level, all for $175.00.
I also have an extinsive stock of good used parts at 1/2 new price if a
customer carbs have damaged or missing parts.  I also offer tuning and
adjusting of one of my cars for a nominal fee.

There are many shops in the country that offer comperable service.  Why
would anyone spend $1175.00 for a new set?

Press on regardless,
Blair Engle
The Classic MG Shop
Blair Engle                                  engle@phy.fsu.edu