[Fwd: Girl Trouble!]

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Girl Trouble!]
From: Dick Watson <dwatson@feist.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 09:44:48 -0600

--------------C5B1653F81

No LBC comtent but thought you all might enjoy this.

Dick Watson
68 Midget
78 Midget (just bought. A 5.0)

--------------C5B1653F81

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:48:57 -0800
From: Chris Walker <cwalker@Psyberlink.net>
To: dwatson@feist.com
Subject: Girl Trouble!

Girl Trouble

Last year, my friend upgraded his GirlFriend 3.1 to GirlFriendPlus 1.0
(marketing name: Fiancee 1.0).

Recently, he upgraded Fiancee 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and it's a memory hogger,
it has taken all his space; and Wife 1.0 must be running before he can do
anything!
Although he did not ask for it Wife 1.0 cam with Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw
and
BrotherInLaw.

Some features I'd like to see in the Upcoming Girlfriend 4.0...

     A "Don't remind me again" button
     Minimize button
     Shutdown features
     An install shield feature so that Girlfriend 4.0 can be completely
     uninstalled if so desired (so you don't lose cache and other objects)

I tired running GirlFriend 2.0 with Girlfriend 1.0 still installed, but they
tried
using the same i/o port and conflicted.

Then I tried to uninstall GirlFriend 1.0 but it didn't have an uninstall
program!
I tried to uninstall it by hand, but it put files in my system directory.

Another problem with all version of GirlFriend that I've used is that it is
totally
object oriented and only supports hardware with gold plated contacts.

****BUG WARNING****

Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug.
If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will
delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself!
Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources!

--------------C5B1653F81--