Taylor tel. #

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Taylor tel. #
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:29:50 -0500 (EST)
Fellow fiends:

I have elected to licence and insure my vast lbc collection with classic
car plates here in NJ.  Advantages include a reduced fee, no need for
inspection (I gotta say that the inspection for my M***a, my daily
driver, was "cursory" at best, and the car is 6 years old), and a
different set of insurance requirements.  The 2500 mile per anum limit is
not a problem for me.  So...  after hearing the tesimonials of several
list members it sounds like Taylor is a good bet for insurance.  Can
someone post to me directly a telephone number for them so I can get the
ball rolling?  I understand a personal visit to Trenton is required,
insurance, title and registration in hand, before the classic car plates
can be issued.  All of this takes time and I have NO intention of missing
a single spring driving opportunity.  I've found a local garage that can
do appraisals for me.

For the record, back in MI I insured both the B and the Mog with Liberty
Mutual, as recreational vehicles.  There was no mileage restriction and
they never blinked at the thought of writing coverage for them.  The
classic plate regulations in MI didn't suit me and besides, regular auto
insurance there was about half what I'm dealing with here in the great
state of NJ.  It appears our govenor, who is up for re-election this
november, has heard the hew and cry of her citizens complaints about the
high auto insurance rates an NJ and she has politely suggested that if it
is too much we should simply buy less coverage.  "Let them eat cake" is
the phrase, isn't it?

Oh well.
Will Zehring

p.s. spring IS coming; the 24 hour race at Daytona is only 2 weeks off!