Re: end of the road?/reply to reply/continued

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: end of the road?/reply to reply/continued
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 09:28:18 -0800
Good Morning Pat,
I just can not win on this list. "Snobbism" ? and excusing me of
purchasing at "rock bottom" prices from "poor bastard"s. I guess you
just forgot to incert the :) with your post. If I buy a car that needs
$3,000 - $4,000 worth of parts and material and 200 to 300 hours of
labor to make it a nice looking, good driving car worth $5,000 or
$6,000 dollars if resold, what exactly would you concider "rock bottom
dollar"?
Profiteering!, YES folks that's what I'm doing. Yo Pat, do the math :).
My MGs are a status symbol but I'm hardly padding my pockets.
I think I'll give Dave Clark (great mechanic) a call and ask if he
would mind losing a couple of hundred on the job he is doing for me
right now. You think White Post Restorations (impecable craftsmanship)
would mind working on a car for nothing for any true enthusiast. Don't
mean the blast you on the weekend, did you have your coffee yet? :)
Safety Fast, David Deutsch

You wrote:

>While I can understand the desire to make money on your
"projects"don't