keep the dream alive

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: keep the dream alive
From: "ken hedges" <khedges@wkpower.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 10:42:58 -0800
I have read several messages lately about investing and future worth of an
MG.

I like most of us has probably got more $$ tied up in the car than it is
worth on the open market.

I rebuilt my B from the ground up and it took me 2 years to do, but all the
things I learnt along the way was vary valuable.  Not only from a
mechanical point of view, but to have something to do after coming home
from work, and unwinding by working on the project.

And then the final day comes when you take your B for it's first run, how
can you put a $$ value on that?

When I finished my project last year, only after 50 local miles, my wife
and I took off on holiday to visit children and relatives at the coast, the
round trip took us over 1200 miles and not one problem.  But again the
pleasure and pride I had by people commenting on the B and from one guy who
wanted to sit in the car to bring back memorise of when he owned one and
seeing the look on his face( and maybe a tear in his eye) as he told his
son of the day he owned a B, how can you put a $$ value on that.

Well the car is now wrapped up for the winter, but I often go and take the
cover off and think of spring.

I hate to go on but the enjoyment I get from my B is worth lots $$.

One comment was that there were 500,000 plus B's made, but remember they
were all made at one place, probably by the same people over those 18
years, and to get a closer perspective of your car, get a copy of "Aspects
of Abingdon".  My wife got me this for a Christmas present, and after
reading it I felt a certain pride that I have been able to bring something
back to life, and no amount of $$ can do that.

Have fun with your car, don't worry about how much it will be worth 10
years from now, we don't know where or what we will be tomorrow.

75 B