Re: the end ?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: the end ?
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 03:40:16 -0800
You wrote:

>but lets don't hype them up to the point where a piece of crap is
going
>to demand $3000 as with mini-coopers How many Healeys do you see
driving
>around to work or just putting around?

I agree 100 %

>If they get too expensive you will
>only see trailer queens at car shows.

Now you are really trying to get me going :). You don't want to pull me
onto that road.

>I guess the cost is relative to a
>persons status $10000 for a car is a lot to me but to some it may seem
>cheap.

Quick story. My brother buys a new luxery car every few years. Just had
a 56 T-Bird restored "concours" for $35,000 which with his original
purchase price has him into it for $42,000 now. He "WILL NOT!" drive
it, bought an enclosed trailer to tow it around to shows. I personally
will not vote for these cars at a, popular vote venue, show. Point is,
he drives a $40,000 + Caddy and a $30,000 + Pontiac GTX every day. At
the same time I'm a little guilt of this also. If it's raining, I'll
say to Eileen (my wife) "let's take the ($20,000+) MPV I don't want
anything to happen to my ($6,000) MG".

>What we need is to keep our collective eyes and ears open and
>scoop up these bargains to keep them from the trash heap...Pat

I thing you and I basicly wish for the same thing and that is for as
many MG to remain on the road for as long as possible.

Would like to thank you for an intellegent debate. It's nice to have a
difference of opinion with someone and not have it turn into a mud
fight. All the best to you and yours and Safety Fast, David Deutsch