RE: No Thermostat?!?!?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
Subject: RE: No Thermostat?!?!?
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:39:57 -0500
Dan Hughes wrote:

>>I unfortunately deleted the message, but it raised a point
>>that I have considered.  My B will run hot during the warmer
>>months, and I have thought about pulling the thermostat.
>>Are  there any problems associated with this?

Yes ... unless the competition "blanking sleeve" is fitted ... these
are available from Moss (others), but as the name indicates they
are really intended for a competiton engine ... the blanking sleeve
is required to maintain the correct flow rate ... to run without one
would be a "Dan Hughes" ... er ... uh mistake.  ;^)

Would suggest that you check the thermostat, radiator, and
water passages in the block before going sans thermostat.

Safety Fast! ... Larry Unger