RE:Thermostate

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE:Thermostate
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:10:21 -0500 (EST)
Some thoughts,

When my engine was rebuilt the mechanic had me run the first 500 miles
without a thermostate.  Didn't seem to have any adverse affects.  When I
first bought my B I lived in Texas, I ran most of the summer without a
thermostat with no problems.  Here in the NOrtheast I use a 160 in the
spring-early fall and a 190 in the winter.  Seem's to just fine.  If the car
is running hot would suggest it might be time to flush your cooloing system,
and change the coolant.  Coolant doesn't last forever.  (not suggesting that
you don't pull preventive maintenace, but I have found it is sometimes easy
to overlook the obvious!!)

Good luck

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca