Tales of the Future

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tales of the Future
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 16:24:33 +0000
We have had several postings and replies to the list regarding the
future of our MGs and here's what worrying me regarding my lbc's.
I'm currently restoring my third MG, a 67 BGT Special Edition. Towards
this end, which has been going on for about 9 years since I first got
this car, I have collected 2-1/2 other 67 GT's for parts.
Any day now I fear getting notified that the county has adopted a "No
Unlicensed Automobile on Your Property Law". This is not that far
fetched as several states have that law on the books. What would I do?
In the short term, I have to move 'em inside the garage where our
everyday transportation now resides and kick them outside. That will
not go over very well with my wife, the world's most accepting person
regarding my MG passion. I would also have to get kicked into gear to
finish restoring the GT.(Nuff said, Dave) Once that project is done, I
can afford to sell off the parts cars to other like project folks.
They say timing is everything and I'll probably finish before this
happens, but it will happen. I think it's just me but as I walk or
drive through the town I'm amazed at the numbers of vehicles people
have dispersed around their property, though not all restorable,
worthy cars. That's where I found one of the ones I have dispersed on
my property now. Maybe that's what is meant to happen in our hobby,
people saving other folks project cars until that person finally
restores the car he saves.

After working myself up, I think I'll go in and work on the car now.

Dave Houser( maybe what I need is a Restoration party, like the Amish
do when hundreds come to build barns in two days....)