RE : MGF in the US

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE : MGF in the US
From: Alan Tong <nlamgc@picotech.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:14:36 +0000
There have been a few comments about the MGF in recent days along the
lines of the MGF not being a 'proper' MG.  This was a worry voiced in
the UK at its launch, but has proved not just to be wrong, but rather
the opposite.  The MGF has been responsible for brining many new
people into the  'MG Community'.   Our local MG club has had 5
new MGF memebers in recent months alone.

I would like to add as an MGF owner of 18 months and 30,000 miles
that I am absolutely delighted with the car, both its performance and
styling, what more due to the waiting list it is still worth more
than I paid for it!    MGFs due to their high rate of sales and use
are now a common sight on UK roads, if fact on a typical day I actually
see more MGF's that all other MGs put together.

Regards
Alan Tong

PS I am not a 'new' MG owner I have done 600,000 miles in Midgets and
B's