Re: Vibration problem?

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Vibration problem?
From: car@texas.net (Carol)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:18:35 -0600 (CST)
At 10:50 AM 1/29/97 -0600, Robert Allen wrote:
>David Wilkinson wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> My 80' B has been running great - until last week. I seem to feel a

>Might try spinning up the car on jacksands and looking for wobbly rear
>wheels or rear axle vibration. This can be dangerous, however.

Hi, Bob!

When I went to have the wheels balanced while on the car, the shop put a big
floor jack under the pumpkin and we spun the wheels. I was concerned about
putting the jack there, and didn't feel it was appropriate to ask them about
potential damage to the gears.

Is that not a proper way to test the rear wheels out for shimmy??

BTW, I was invited to see you "top three country song titles!" Those were
absolutely great! I'll bet you and George Merryweather together in one room
would be toooo much to handle!

TTYL

Carol