Re: Speedometer Help

To: tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM
Subject: Re: Speedometer Help
From: "BILL SCHOOLER" <bschooler@uhd2.uhd.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:00:37 EST
Tom Wagner wrote:

>Can someone out there tell me who stills
>works on Smith Speedometers??  I need to find
>0ut who can tell me what the correct number
>scheme is for an OD Speedometer in the
>68-74 range.  I have a 67 car with a 68-74
>overdirve unit in it.

Tom,

I can't give you any info on who works on the Smith's, but the
correct number for the speedo for your unit probably is 5227/12.
This is what mine reads for a 69 B with overdrive.  You can confirm
this in the Moss Catalog, as I recall.  Don't use Vicky Brit's
catalog - they don't seem to list the one you want.  There's another
number on the speedo after the serial number - 1280 - which is the
revs per mile for that unit.

Bill Schooler