Re: Mothers Day Weekend

To: damitdick@juno.com
Subject: Re: Mothers Day Weekend
From: dmeadow@juno.com (David C Littlefield)
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 23:09:10 EST
Not a lot to tell so far, the registration forms have not been prepared,
but the following is as much as appeared in the January newsletter:

May 9-11 will be the dates for the annual trek to Salado, Texas, where
the Spring GOF is held every year.  The MGTF is this year's Honored
Model.  The Alamo MG Association, a San Antonio club, is actually
organizing/hosting the event.

It is best to make reservations early if you want to stay in the main
hotel for the event, the Salado Inn.  Sorry, but I don't have the phone
number handy, but it will come with the registration information.  Call
Larry and Pam Rogers in San Antonio at (210) 545-5542 for more
information and a registration form.  If you still haven't got one when
the date gets closer, just e-mail me with your fax number and I will fax
it back.

I've been to this event about four or five  times and it is always a lot
of fun.  The number of MGs has grown over the last six or seven years
from 25 cars to 70 or 80.  There have been some real nice cars, including
some rare pre-war models.  The events start off with general socializing
Friday night, a car show Saturday morning, a barbecue, a tour/rally in
the afternoon, a dinner and parts auction in the evening. Lately, a few
of us have arranged to play a round of golf on Sunday at the golf course
there, one of the best in Texas, according to some of the golf magazines.

I hope to meet you there!

David Littlefield
Houston, TX