Now THAT's a tow!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Now THAT's a tow!
From: Ric Johnson <johnsonr@mail.dwx.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 20:44:50 -0600 (CST)
I was sitting around enjoying an evening perusing a 1993 copy of "The
Guiness Book of World Records" with my son and we happened upon a rather
amazing entry with a decided MG connection (pun intended) that I'd not been
previously aware of:

"After his 1969 MGB broke down in the vicinity of Moscow, Russia (formerly
U.S.S.R.), the late Eddie McGowan of Chipping Warden, Great Britain was
towed by Mark Steven Morgan, driving his 1968 MGC, a distance of 1,456 miles
from Moscow to Berlin, Germany on a single 7 ft. nylon tow rope from 12-17
July, 1987."

I know many of us are quite willing to help each other out when mechanical
difficulties arise, but this is way above and beyond the call of duty!!

Ric Johnson
Des Moines, Iowa
(owned by 3 MGBs)