Re: Midget Wing Vents-Please Help!

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Wing Vents-Please Help!
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 09:12:09 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Robert Allen wrote:

> I was at an All British show and spent a long time looking at the fender
> vents on an Ashton Martin. Large mail-slot shape with a chrome bar
> accross it to keep out birds and squrriels. I was wondering if anyone
> stocks replacement vents for an A-M as it looked to be perfect for my
> C/GT.

  Bob,

  In this months Classic and Thoroughbred, the featured marque is Aston-
  Martin, and the fabulous DB 3/4/5 series cars.  The piece mentions
  that panels on these cars were/are hand formed by true panel beaters.
  There were several A/M restorers listed, let me know and I'll fax you
  the article.

  FWIW, the Brooklands catalog sells several louvered panels in aluminum,
  and the Eastwood company sells an interesting tool for cutting and forming
  them by hand.

  Louvre on!

  --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.        'Its better to be silent and
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA     thought a fool than speak and
   (610) 481-2646                         remove all doubt' --A. Lincoln