Re: Air quality

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air quality
From: nolan penney <npenney@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 10:47:30 -0800
> The feds? I thought it was the state of California that has mandated a
> certain % of cars be  powered by alternate fuels by a certain year. Onward
> states rights! Politicians can make terrific decisions at any level. Maybe
> Orange County California should be the model for government investment.

Nope.  It's in the Clean Air Act as well.  Don't remember the exact
wording, but for all, or most, of the air quality regions, there is a
"plan" on the % of mandated sales of alternative fuel vehicles on a
calander year schedule.
It is _very_ draconian, for what is says, is that if the % of required
alternative fuel vehicles are not sold, then no gasoline vehicles may be
sold in that state until they are.  Period.  End of sentence.  _Very_
draconian.