RE: Trip to UK what to see

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Trip to UK what to see
From: "John Miller" <mil76@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 97 05:18:21 UT
        My trips to the UK are usually confined to the Cotswolds to see my
family,
but I never have to look hard to find something to do with British Cars.  The
British Motor Heritage museum in Gaydon (near Stratford on Avon) is a must
see.  It was the most incredible collection of cars I've ever seen.  We went
on a weekday afternoon and had the entire museum to ourselves.  They also have
a Land Rover off-road course.  A little more off the beaten path is a village
called Bourton on the Water.  It is a nice Cotswold village that also has a
museum.  Although it doesn't have the impressive collection of cars that
Gaydon does, It has quite a bit of old car memorabilia.  If there is a British
word equivalent of Americana, this place has it.  I've never made it to
Coventry and my trips to Oxford predate my MG ownership, but maybe someone
else on the list can point you in the right direction.  Other than that, as
long as you keep your eyes peeled, you're bound to find something interesting
no matter where you go.