Re: Right-Angle Drive Questions

To: ragthyme@fls.infi.net
Subject: Re: Right-Angle Drive Questions
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:48:49 -0500 (EST)
Thomas and Corey,

  Try this, it worked for me.
  Remove the outer houseing from the speedo by removing the two screws on the
back. Being careful not to bend the needle tilt the speedo head out of the
houseing.
  Then, holding the speedo head with the face up, spray the heck out of every
thing ;you can see on the guts with WD-40. Make sure you have a recepticle to
catch the drippings.
  It will probably scare you when you see all the crud that is washed out.
  Then with a light-weight (white) grease, and a flat toothpic, place a SMALL
amout of grease on the gears, avoiding the cup and magnets.
  take a few minutes to let the WD-40 dry and re- assemble.
  I had a similar problem on my 72 and  this seemed to solve it. (PS. I had
also replaced the cable earlier trying to correct the swinging needle)

Rick Morrison'