British Car Week update

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: British Car Week update
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:08:41 -0500 (EST)
Greetings everyone!!

To bring people up to speed who may have missed earlier postings on this
subject, the following is a letter submitted by Peter Schauss concerning
Peter Egans Road and Track column.  I originally tried to send an editors
address list (submitted to me by Jamie Palmer) with this but my computer
didn't like it, so look for it seporately.  This list can be used by all of
us to notify club members and magazine editors of the British Car Week.

of _Road and Track_ in which he laments the fact that he never sees
the old sports cars on the road anymore.  I believe that this calls for
a response from us and I have a suggestion.  Designate a week in late
spring as "Drive your sports car week".  During this week, we would all
make every effort to drive our LBCs as much as we could, even to work
for those of us who feel safe doing so.  The idea would be to get our
cars out on the road where people can see them.  My vote would be the
middle of May, say May 12-18.    This should be late enough that that
the snow will be melted almost all parts of the country.  Also it
should give those of us with winter projects (like the sills and rockers
on my MG) to have them completed.

Let's get our cars out of our garages for a week and let the rest of the
world see what MGs, Triumphs, Austin-Healeys, Jaguars and all of the
rest of them look like.<<<<

 I for one, agree with his choice of May 12th - 18th, this is a good time of
year to kick off the summer driving season.  If no objections then we can
christen this years week as the first annual British Car Week.  AND PASS THE
WORD!!!!!!!

Scott in Northern Indiana  TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM
1958 MGA  HDA4346400
1958 TR3A TS35306L
1958 100/6  BN4L 0 49881
IF IT'S AN LBC?  IT'S INTERESTING TO ME!!