BUT, BUT, BUT / Was British Car Enthusiast's events

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BUT, BUT, BUT / Was British Car Enthusiast's events
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 07:05:54 -0600 (CST)
You are all right, of course, push came to shove and I fell over. I'M
SO ASHAMED !! I do expect to be at approx. 25 events in 1997 but that's
a definite cut from last years 35. I truely hope that I find another
gig more condusive to British Car Motoring Hobby. I continue my search
but am getting very little response from resume mailings. I take all
the following remarks as the good natured, sarcastic digs that I feel
they represent. Safety Fast, David Deutsch

Ray wrote:
You don't seriously mean to tell us that you are going to work on
Saturday, instead of going to british car events, just to feed and
shelter your family???

WHERE ARE YOUR FLIPPIN' PRIORITIES?  Do you call yourself a GEARHEAD?
If
you had any cojones, you'd tell them where to go with their "I want to
eat, Daddy, and I'm cold" crapola.  You don't deserve british cars, you
fair-weather enthusiast, you troglodytic twit, you tile-setting heap of
festering parrot dung! (Just kidding about the festering part.)
WRG
   Ray Gibbons

Mark Moburg wrote:
Say it ain't so!  I was looking forward to meeting you.  Of course, I
haven't been to any events, as He Who Must Be Obeyed (my boss) keeps me
busy, too.

Wayne wrote:
Wait a minute!  Wait just one darn minute!  I thought you were a true
enthusiast David???  Working on Saturdays?  Working on Saturdays that
conflict with MG events?? I can't believe that food, housing and family
would take precidence over MG activities.  I am so disappointed.  I
thought I understood the essence of enthusiasm.  I sought out more
cars.  I sold more cars.  I tweeked and tightened and adjusted.  I went
on trips (with and without my spouse), half days, full days, two days,
three days or a week and more!  I bought a car hauler to move my MGs
from here to there.  I planned events.  I attended events.

You were my model David.  I am so very disappointed.  May your
enthusiasm for the octagon overcome your sense of responsibility to
others.

Regards and some regrets,

Wayne Buletza
Charlotte MI