Re: Windscreen Refurbishment

To: singleton@ccsu.edu
Subject: Re: Windscreen Refurbishment
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:38:34 EST
On Wed, 12 Feb 1997 08:41:10 -0500 "William L. Singleton"
<singleton@ccsu.edu> writes:

>Check the Yellow Pages (they do allow tradespeople to advertise in
>Darien, don't they?) under Glass - Automotive, Plate, Window, Etc.
(that's
>what SNET says in New Britain, but we're working class here).

Actually I think people in Darien throw their cars away when the ashtrays
are full - i guess a scratched one "might: be given to the daily
help..........!

 Even on the  Gold Coast, there should be a couple of firms that
advertise glass repair.
>If that fails, ask any used car dealer.  They use glass repair folks a
>lot. (My niece's husband wes/is working his way through college doing
>windshield repair part time.  He makes relatively good money at it.
He's in
>Vancouver, WA however.
>
>Of course, you could try the Eastwood kit first.
>
>  --Bill
>
>Bill Singleton

Thanks to all for the suggestions, In fact, I swapped a couple of emails
with Bob Wanta from Bobs Auto in Milford Ct and he's going to take on the
job  on monday....
This will free up approx 15 cubic feet of space in the garage (where the
new windscreen has been) so something else can come in from the cold!!!
I will try the kit on the GT door glass and report back....

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster