Early MGB question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Early MGB question
From: william_hayes@icpphil.navy.mil
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:17:59 -0500
It looks like I bought the car (not home yat). It's a 63 with 36,000
original miles. Will require restoration.

I have two questions. Would it be advisable to try to start engine in car,
after verifying oil pressure and compression? Or should I dismantle and
inspect?

Also, the car is chassis # 475. I read in Classic and SPortscar that the
earliest RHD car is 575. Does anyone know how many earlier LHD survivors
there are. I think I saw chassis 014 at a show last fall in PA.

Thanks,

Bill