Re: dasboard removal and replacement

To: John77577@aol.com
Subject: Re: dasboard removal and replacement
From: Sally Schlining <schlining.m.w@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 19:06:27 -0600
John77577@aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone explain what tools and techniques required to remove tha metal
> dashboard on an MGB?  I am having a difficult time removing the two bolts
> above the tach and spedo. I have removed all the bolts, guages, and switches,
> now i am stuck on those two bolts. My dash had been butchered by the past
> owner with the instalation of  an ugly radio. Can you imagine he painted with
> a brush (ugly) got a used one and had it finished with the original wrinkel
> finish. If any one wants to know more about that email me
>
> John
> 64 MGB
> john77577@aol.com

Hi John

Marty and I removed ours last year.  The most important tool to have is
a large swear word vocabulary.  You would be surpised how important
Marty felt that was.  The second thing to know is that you can't get to
those bolts without the tach out.  Universals on your wrench with a few
short extensions, a little contortionist ability, and you should just
about have it.

Marty and I have often talked about the MG engineers who seem so
innovative and stately when you see them in film clips or see interviews
of people who know them.  Actually, we believe they were sadists whose
favorite jollies came from watching the line workers assemble some of
the designs they had put together.

Good luck

Sally Schlining
57 MGA