Re: Heat Gauge

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heat Gauge
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 12:59:07 -0800
Sorry, but your friend has a mechanical combination water temp and oil
pressure guage if the car is a 75.  The test you outlined will work on
an electrical guage, but not on that unit.  The water temp guage has a
capillary tube which goes to a fitting just below the thermostat.
Chances are the tube is destroyed.  Choices are rebuilt or new unit.
Moss is now carrying a nice repro of the guage, or your unit can be
rebuilt by someone competent. Nisonger Instrument Rebuilding for
instance.  Either way it's pricy.

good luck and keep the top down.   Kelvin