Re: Feul pumps

To: jack@lucent.com
Subject: Re: Feul pumps
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:47:36 -0500 (EST)

> J.C. Whitney has Purolator feul pump in a range of pressures. I have
> been told the 1 1/2 to 3 is the one for us. When I called Whitney to
> see if they had one listed for an MG, the woman said there was an MG
> listing, and called it to her screen. It said "MGC 1962-1980". However,
> the listing was for the correct pump. If you look at the pump that
> Moss sells for about $68., you will find it looks strangely like the
> Whitney one priced at $35.

  Be forewarned, J.C.Whitney can hell to deal with.  I had a horrible
experience trying to buy one of the above mentioned pumps from them.  I
could go into detail, but the point is I didn't ever get my pump and they
managed to sour me so badly with their unprofesionalism that I'd flat out
refuse to buy anything from them in the future even if my life depended upon
it.

  You're right though, the $68 price from Moss is rediculous, almost
insulting.  But you can get those pumps in the $25-$35 price range off
the shelf from most larger auto stores.

----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit