Re: Let me rephrase that, please

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Let me rephrase that, please
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:11:26 -0500
Phil:

This may sound stupid, but here's my tuppence worth:

If you absolutely insist upon moving the car in an enclosed trailer,
and the trailer itself doesn't have any tie-downs and a smooth
aluminium floor, perhaps you should invest in it a bit yourself.

Buy some 3/4" plywood. Cut to fit, exactly, the floor of the trailer.
Create your own tie-downs on this floor. Use wheel chocks, chain the
car down (or use aircraft cable, even better) to your 'floor'. Invest
in as many old tyres as you can afford, and in some used pillows,
blankets, and anything else soft and non-abraisive that you can rustle
up.  When you get the car secured in the trailer, pad the front of the
car with soft material in any place you thing may come into contact
with the wall of the trailer.  Then, place the old tyres side-by-side
with the tyres of the TC, up to the walls of the trailer, and all around
as much as you can. This should prevent side-to-side movement. Then
pack the rear of the TC as you did the front.  Assure yourself that
the car won't move around, button up, and go.

I have no idea what this would cost, overall.  Personally, I'd go with
the open trailer.  Seems purpose-built for the job you have in mind.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'