Re: Made in Taiwan?

To: RFeibusch@aol.com, Mark.D.JOERGER@state.or.us
Subject: Re: Made in Taiwan?
From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 97 10:01:06 PST
Don't blame the Asians.  Blame Moss.  I get lots of bits proudly labeled "Made
in England" that don't fit either. I send them back. I look for other sources.
If more people complained when they got poorly-made parts, maybe Moss and the
other suppliers would find better manufacters.  That said, I now climb back
onto
my high horse. ;)

Joseph
67 Roadster
Previous writers have written:

... I get REALLY upset each time I unwrap a part from Moss and the little
gold coloured label proudly proclaims the fact that it was made in
Taiwan...

..I have a Chinese jack.  It leaks. I have Chinese jack stands.  They
look flimsy and I don't trust them.  I have Taiwanese bumpers on my
TD and they rust, and I have fitted gawd knows how many fuel sender
units, all made in Taiwan, and they ALL leak...

... I wouldn't mind if the parts performed as original, but they NEVER
do...

... But the manufacturing quality and technology does not match North American
or European standards...