Re: Screws

To: Simon.MATTHEWS@st.com
Subject: Re: Screws
From: Geoff Love <engconn@infi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 08:24:44 -0500
Simon.MATTHEWS@st.com wrote:

>      Geoff,
>
>      if my memory serves me correctly, you were bemoaning the lack of
>      screws made from anything other than very mild steel?
>
>      A suggestion: go to a boat supplies (chandlery) shop. They should sell
>      stainless steel wood screws and bolts, no doubt at outrageous prices,
>      but cheaper than a ticket to the UK! Being stainless, they should be
>      quite hard.
>
>      Regards,
>             Simon

What an excellent idea.  Thank you.  However, chandleries are a little
difficult to find in central Pa.

Talking of tickets to the UK, I needed to send a supercharger there for
some work, and the USPS wanted $135 to airmail it.  As I pointed out, I
could take it there with the help of a Virgin, for $99 AND they would
ram free gin down my throat! (Virgin Atlantic had a deal at the time!)
For gawd's sake don't get me started on atlantic air fares!!!

Geoff Love, The English Connection.