Re: RFeibusch@aol.com: Re: wrecked 1979 Midget

To: Carol <car@texas.net>
Subject: Re: RFeibusch@aol.com: Re: wrecked 1979 Midget
From: Geoff Love <engconn@infi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 16:05:17 -0500
Carol wrote:

> At 03:12 PM 2/27/97 UT, doug russell wrote:
>
> Dr. Doug,
>
> I started to respond privately and not 'busy up' the list, but ...
>
> First of all, I wish you well in the outcome of your "ordeal." It's
> unnecessary but some insurance adjusters seem to thrive on tweaking
> claimants. ><>>>>SNIP>>>>

> And, the MGA is insured through JC Taylor. Is this a good thing? Better
> companies out there? I, too look forward to some "life experiences" with
> some of the antique car insurance carriers.

I have insured my MGTD with or, perhaps I should say, through JC Taylor
since it was restored in 1989.  Two years ago I clobbered a deer which
resulted in a dented front wing, a dented door and a very nearly
demolished rear wing.  This happened on a Sunday en route to a car
meeting.  I called Taylors at nine a.m. on the Monday morning and was
courteously asked to obtain 3 estimates for the cost of repairs, and
that an assessor would be in touch.  By the Tuesday afternoon I had the
estimates to hand.  Wednesday morning the assessor phoned me to ask when
he could see the car.  He asked if I had the estimates and when I told
him I had, and the highest was $1600 (I would be doing the disassembly
and re-assembly myself, but not the painting or the rolling of the rear
wing,) he immediately told me to go ahead with the one of my choice, and
that he would cut me a cheque that day.  The cheque arrived in the post
two days later, and my premiums have remained the same since.  I am
speaking from memory, but I believe that JC Taylor, who are brokers I
think, had placed the risk with the Zurich Insurance Company which payed
the debt so promptly.

I shall be doing further business with them.

Geoff Love, The English Connection.