TD Fuel Sender

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD Fuel Sender
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:33:10 -0700 (MST)
With the gas tank off of my TD for painting, I decided it would be a good time
to see why my low fuel warning light is not working. I discovered that the DPO
had coated the tank without removing the sender. It looks like the cartoon
scene where the character gets covered with cement and turns into a statue.
In a recent post there was a complaint that the new replica senders leak. Do
all the new ones leak? Now my old one is undoubtedly the original, and with
a little work I may be able to get the arm free again. Now I'm guessing that
the shaft that the float arm connects to must have some kind of seal. Is
this libel to be bad or do they last forever? What I'm really asking is if
it's worth while trying to resurrect the old sender.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 14 months and counting (the TD is winning)