LUCAS 45DE4 in what cars?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LUCAS 45DE4 in what cars?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 16:30:32 -0500
What cars used the Lucas 45DE4 EID distributor?

  I am still hoping to locate a modern electronic ignition
module to replace the Lucas electronic ignition module in
my 1975 Midget.

  I am hoping to use something like an "Ignitor" but I
want to be sure of which one I can use. None of them
mention my car, but I am hoping that they make one for
this distributor and it's just not explicit in the
catalog. The Crane systems ads are VERY open-ended as
to what distributors they work in.

  What distributor does the 1975-1979 MGB use? There is
an Ignitor model for it...

  Any other electronic ignition over original electronic
ignition modification experiences? My original distributor
is intermittent, and I am running a temporary one. Would
like to return to the original one, but with reliable
innards.

--
 /       Trevor Boicey          1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget    /