RE: Battery Fuzz

To: "Bob,Jean,Matt or Maggie Skillman" <skillman@clark.net>,
Subject: RE: Battery Fuzz
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 97 18:19:16 UT
Bo

I'm not sure this is an answer and I get the same thing on my twin 6Vs -
Perhaps one of the non electrically challenged in the group will shed some
light on this (I'm having a hard enough time just trying to keep the smoke in
the wires).

However, I'm about to change my 69CGT to a single 12v and here are some things
I've been advised to consider:

1. I hear interstate makes the best battery for our application although I do
not know the correct part number.
2. Purchase the plastic battery box (fits in where the battery goes) and take
this with you when you purchase the battery to make sure it will fit.  Also
install the battery with this insert - you can purchase another insert and use
it as a storage compartment when installed in the empty battery compartment.
3. When you rewire the hot lead to the starter use welding cable instead of
regular battery cable - I hear it will deliver 30% more amps compared to
regular battery cable because of the distance from battery to starter.(it does
not increase the amperage rather it decreases the loss of amperage due to the
distance compared to regular cable) - and as we know those 3L 6s need all the
cranking power they can get!!!!

Good Luck

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst