Re: Compact Spare

To: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Compact Spare
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:51:04 -0500 (EST)

<< ... but why would you do this >>

Good question, and I don't for one have the answer.
  However, the original question I was answering was whether the 13" WW would
fit the MGB, not whether it made sense as a "compact" spare.
  But to parttially disagree with you, the 13" would take up less space in
the boot than the 14", though not as much less as would a true "compact
spare". Given the discerning owner was to equip the 13 with the smallest
reasonable tyre, this would free up about 1/2" vertical space and a full 1"
in width. Not much granted, but in a "B" every little bit helps!

Rick Morrison