Re: Heater Pipe

To: khedges@wkpower.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heater Pipe
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 07:05:33 -0500 (EST)
Ken,

I'm sure someone will e-mail you back with a used one for sale.

I've also seen a few MGA's lately using a piece of 1/2" O. D. copper tubing
for this. I'm not sure this is original or not.

You could also make one from a piece of 1/2" O. D. steel tubing. A really
good hardware store will have this (mine does).You'll need a tubing bender to
put the front bend in it and you'll have to make (or reuse) the sheet metal
tabs that hold it to the valve cover studs. Soldering or brazing a 1/2"
tubing ferrule near the ends will duplicate the shape needed to help the hose
clamp keep the hoses on the ends.

A good sheet metal shop can help you if you don't have an oxyacetlyene welder

or the bender.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget