Re: Vinyl repair kits

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Vinyl repair kits
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 14:07:02 -0800 (PST) (22:07 UT)
>>  Requisite LBC content: I had removed a door panel from Tintin, and
 >accidently put a tear in it while lying around the garage (@#$%^&#$%^&).
 >I got one of those cheap vinyl repair kits ("Inventors vinyl repair").

 Philippe,
    Not having looked at all, but residing in Northern CA., I'm taking the
 lazy way out and asking you where you got your vinyl repair kit, so
<hopefully I can just go and get one to repair my dash.  Thanks!  Nina

 I believe I purchased it from that high-end purveyor of rare and
exotic car parts: Pep Boys.   It is a little bubble-wrap kit of several
pots of various colors of vinyl compound, some glue, a little plastic
spatula that used to be a shirt-collar stay and a little steel mushroom
that you heat up and use as an iron, plus various sheets of 'texture'
that you lay over the vinyl when heating to make the pattern.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*