Re: MGF Sighting in the US

To: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: MGF Sighting in the US
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@srv2.ic.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 23:18:24 -0500
Michael P. Ohleger wrote:

> Simon.MATTHEWS@st.com wrote:
> >
> >      I think that LHD MGF's are not so rare. For the past 12 months or so,
> >      a local Rover dealer has had an demo MGF and is clearly offering them
> >      for sale. Local for me is a suburb of Milan, Italy. Don't know many
> >      have actually been sold, or what the waiting time is.
> >
> >      Later,
> >           Simon
>
> I read somewhere that the waiting period for a VVC in the UK is 20
> weeks!  Used ones (95) are going for 3000 pounds UK over original price!
>
> Guess they wouldn't be popular in the US....
>
> Michael Ohleger
>
> '67 MGB
> '70 MGB

Since this is about the tenth reference made to my original observation
of a "left hand drive" MGF in the states, allow me to A) apologize to
our European bretheren, and B) admit to being an ignorant resident of
the U.S.  It was completely unknown to me that many (most?) non-anglio
European countries embraced left hand drive as the norm.  My uneducated
(and untravelled) mind assumed that right hand drive was the norm.
Knowing now, that this is incorrect, definitely removes some of the
punch from my original posting.

Best Regards,

Chris Delling