front suspension questions,

To: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: front suspension questions,
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:09:29 -0800
William Eastman wrote:

> Hello, again
>
> I was back at it last night trying to right the terrible wrongs that time
> and nature have done to my 1600 Mk 1's front suspension.  I need to get the
> lower trunnion off the kingpin but it hits the brake disk.  I tried to
> remove the hub assembly from the stub axle but it has not been cooperative.
>  According to the workshop manual, you need a special too to accomplish
> this feat.

Where are you? I might let you borrow my BLMC puller, it's a special job
that threads on in place of the KO and then has the center screw to push
on the end of the spindle. There are two pullers, one with coarse
threads ('68+ MGB and TR) and the other with fine for MGA and back. Each
puller has right and left hand threads and is merely reversed depending
on the side you are working on.

Be GLAD you can't get the hub off! in too many cases the bearings and/or
spindle are worn and the hub can be pulled off. That's BAD, they should
be a tight fit and can take a lot of effort when in good shape.  Jarl