Re: liquid measures

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: Re: liquid measures
From: Gary Burrell <garyb@pentek.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 09:26:32 -0500
Ross MacPherson wrote:

> At 06:55 AM 3/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Sorry Simon,
> >
> >A Canadian bottle of beer has approx. 12 fluid ounces, I know I can't drink
> >a gallon(Imperial or U.S.).
> >
> >Bob
> Practice, practice practice......

Let's not forget those quart bottles.  When I went to university in
ottawa,
a well known spot was the Lafyette (s.p.).  It was known for two things:

1) Serving beer in the quart bottles.

2) While at this bar only look at your beer or the table.  Eye contact
with anyone else in the bar could result in serious repercusions.

Being young(er) and in university (broke).  We often when to the "laf"
have a few before heading to the popular spots where beer came in
smaller
quantities and cost more.

Now back to british cars
--