Rover V8 bits, anyone?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rover V8 bits, anyone?
From: "Glen Wilson" <railroad@itw.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 14:02:37 -0500
Hi,

I've got a 1980 Rover 3500 with a fully functional, fuel injected V8 of the
9.5:1 (or thereabouts) compression ratio which is preferred over circa 1970
3500S engines for use in MGB and TR8 conversions which I'm trying to decide
what to do with.  (Right now, it has a Borg Warner 65 auto box on it.  I'm
putting a 5-speed into the other SD1.)

Has anyone heard of retaining the fuel injection system in an MGB
conversion, or do they always go to some sort of carb setup?

I've also got a brand new Crane cam with lifters, gaskets, seals, timing
chain, timing gears and everything else need to install it.   This all came
with car.  It's one step up from the stock cam.  Can anyone give me an idea
what all this stuff is worth retail or for private sale?

How quickly do you think it would go at the Carlisle Import show this
Spring?

Anybody interested in the engine or cam at $49.95 for the lot?  (heh, heh,
just kidding...)

I'm in eastern Pennsylvania.

Glen

Glen R. Wilson
British Car Reallocation Program Director

E-mail:  Railroad@itw.com

Rover P6 Web Site at:
http://www.itw.com/~railroad/roverhome.html

1970 Rover 3500S
1967 Rover 2000TC
1991 Rover Boxer (canine)
1980 Rover 3500 SD1 Walkinshaw Racing/Holley/
          Offy/Spax/Janspeed/5-speed Manual Kit Car
          (Haven't decided whether or not to mount
            the big black wing on the back)
Suburban Philadelphia, U.S.A.